Spine care through Ayurveda
- Spine i.e. bones are the main site for vata (air element in our body). With some activity like lifting heavy things, sharply bending, sitting in uncomfortable chair, etc. causes aggravation of vata, which finally leads to spine problems.
- Sneezing, pushing things, lifting things, climbing etc. triggers the problem.
- Other causes are osteoporosis, osteoarthritis, infectious condition of bone etc.
|Ayurvedic back massage with herbal oil|
- Therapies: abhyanga, sweda, kati/manya
basti, patra pind sweda, shastika shali pinda sewda. Kashaya basti, anuvasana
Ayurvedic wooden massage table (patti)
- Internal medication: Guggulu kalpas, Rasa kalpas
- Yogasanas: bhujang asana, gomukh asana, dhanur asana, ushtr asana etc.
- Never bend forward to grab an object, instead lower whole body near the object by bending knees & come up with straight back.
- Don’t lift heavy object.
- Take support of wall while standing for long.
- Don’t wear high-heeled shoe, wear comfortable footwear.
- Sleep on a firm mattress in a comfortable position.
- Sit on a comfortable chair with back support.
- Don’t work on computer for long hours at a stretch.
Swaasthya Wellness (www.swaasthyawellness.in)
Whitefield, Bangalore, India